For once, don’t do it.
Don’t pretend there’s not a problem in America.
Don’t turn your back on racism.
Don’t accept innocent lives being taken from us.
Don’t make any more excuses.
Don’t think this doesn’t affect you.
Don’t sit back and be silent.
Don’t think you can’t be part of the change.
Let’s all be part of the change.
Nike's "Don't do it" ad
Their don't do it ad builds on NIke's Colin Kaepernick ad
This don’t do it ad isn’t the first time the Nike has taken a stance on the race relations conversation. On the weekend before the 2018 NFL season, Nike released a powerful ad in support of Colin Kaepernick that prompted both praise and criticism from each side of the political aisles. Nike’s stance has paid off as they appeal to a much younger audience.
While Nike’s stock price went down a few points over the few days after the ad launched, Nike saw significant sales growth and a resulting stock price up 25% over the next 18 months.
Adidas has shown their support for don't do it
In case you are part of the cancel culture, you should check out this Adidas tweet in unprecedented support of their competitor. Mind you, Under Armour has remained completely silent.
One problem I am seeing is that people found a way to change the narrative of Colin Kaepernick’s protest. And, the same people are now finding a way to change the narrative of George Floyd’s death. People are outraged and need to speak out.
Our playbooks will show you new ways for how to think, define, plan, execute and analyze your brand
- You will find new strategic thinking models and examples for each of the four strategic thinking methods, looking at core strength, competitive, consumer, and situational strategies.
- To define the brand, I provide a tool for writing a brand positioning statement as well as a consumer profile and a consumer benefits ladder. I have created lists of potential functional and emotional benefits to kickstart your thinking on brand positioning. We show a step-by-step process to come up with your brand idea and bring it all together with a tool for writing the ideal brand concept.
- For brand plans, I provide formats for a long-range brand strategy roadmap and the annual brand plan with definitions for each planning element. From there, I show how to build a brand execution plan that includes the marketing communications plan, innovation process, and sales plan.
- To grow your brand, I show how to make smart decisions on marketing execution with chapters on how to write a creative brief, how to make decisions on creative advertising and how to lead the media choices.
- When it comes time for analyzing the performance of your brand, I provide all the analytical tools you need to lead a deep-dive business review, looking at the marketplace, consumer, channels, competitors and the brand.
You will learn everything you need to know so you can run your brand and be successful in your marketing career.
You can find Beloved Brands and B2B Brands on Amazon, Rakuten Kobo or Apple Books
Click on any of the icons above to go directly to the page where you can buy our books.