Example of our Brand Positioning template
To start, you will get slides for target profile, brand positioning statement, brand idea, brand concept, brand values, brand story, brand credo, and a creative brief. As well, we provide formatted blank slides with key marketing definitions where you can insert your own brand positioning. In addition, we provide a full example using Gray’s Cookies. To help you with our brand positioning presentation template, everything is organized and ready for your input.
To the right, we provide a layout of the slides you get in our brand positioning presentation template, designed to help you organize your brand. Use the control buttons to see a completed presentation.
Our brand positioning presentation template
Looking at all the brand positioning tools we have introduced throughout our playbooks, below is an ideal process for how to lay out the slides to create your ideal presentation, whether to sell-in your positioning ideas to management, or setup for a brand book.
Key elements to build your own brand positioning statement
1. Who is the consumer target?To start, define slice of the population is the most motivated by what your brand offers? Do not just think about who you want, but rather who wants your brand.
2. Where will you play?
Next, consider the competitive set that defines the space in the market your brand competes in? Brand positioning is always relative to who you compete against. For instance, a brand is never fast. But, it should be faster.
3. Where will you win?
Most importantly, what is the main promise you will make to the consumer target? It should make your brand stand out as interesting, simple, unique, motivating and own-able. Do not talk about what you do. (features) Talk about what the consumer gets (functional benefits). And, talk about how the brand makes them feel. (emotional benefits)
4. Why should they believe us?
Finally, lay out the support points and features are needed to back up the main promise. Moreover, these support points should close any potential doubts, questions or concerns the consumer has after hearing the main promise.
You can also get our Brand Plans template
- Our Brand Plan PowerPoint file includes ideal slides for vision, purpose, analysis, key issues, strategies, brand positioning statement, and execution plans.
- Provides formatted blank slides with key marketing definitions where you can insert your own brand plan.
- Access to our one-page brand plan and our one-page Brand Strategy Roadmap.