We believe the smarter your marketing team, the better the work you will see and the stronger the business growth you will realize. The investment in Marketing Manager training for your people will definitely pay off with higher growth on your brands. All of our marketing courses provide new tools and techniques with hands-on feedback.
With our marketing training, your people will learn to think, define, plan, execute and analyze
- Learn strategic thinking methods, looking at core strength, competitive landscape, consumer relationship, engagement and situation you face.
- Brand positioning starts by building a consumer profile and using our consumer benefits ladder, with functional and emotional benefits.
- With marketing plans, we go through each element needed for a long-range brand strategy roadmap and the annual brand plan.
- Learn to make smart decisions on marketing execution with your creative advertising and media choices.
- With brand analytics, learn to write a deep-dive business review, looking at the marketplace, consumer, channels, competitors and the brand.
1. How to think strategically
Strategic thinking is an essential foundation for brand management, forcing marketers to ask big questions that challenge and focus brand decisions.
I will show you four ways to enhance your strategic thinking, using the brand’s core strength finder, consumer strategy, competitive strategy, and situational strategy. You will learn how to set a vision for your brand, focus your limited resources on breakthrough points, take advantage of opportunities you see in the market, find early wins to leverage to give your brand a positional power to drive growth and profits for your brand.
In our brand training session on strategic thinking, you will learn how to:
- Use the five elements of smart strategic thinking
- Leverage our 360-degree strategic thinking model using the brand’s core strength finder, consumer strategy, competitive strategy, and situational strategy.
- Build everything around your brand’s core strength
- Think strategically to tighten your brand’s bond with consumers
- Use strategy to win the competitive battles you face
- Think strategically, within the brand’s current situation
- Write strategic objective statements for each of the four strategies
2. How to position your brand
The best brand leaders target a specific motivated consumer audience and then define their brand around a brand idea that is interesting, simple, unique, motivating and ownable.
I will show you how to write a winning brand positioning statement with four essential elements: target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTB). You will learn how to build a brand idea that leads every touchpoint of your brand, including the brand promise, brand story, innovation, purchase moment and experience. I will give you the tools for how to write a winning brand concept and brand story.
In our brand training session on defining your brand, you will learn how to:
- Write brand positioning statements
- Define your target market, with insights, enemies, and need states
- Define consumer benefits, both functional and emotional
- Come up with brand support points and claims
- Understand the relationship between brand soul, brand idea and brand reputation
- Come up with your brand idea
- Write brand concept statements
- Turn your brand concept into a brand story
- Use the brand positioning and brand idea to build a brand credo
3. How to write marketing plans everyone can follow
The best brand leaders write brand plans everyone in the organization can follow with ease, including senior management, sales, R&D, agencies and operational teams.
I will teach you how to write each element of the brand plan, including the brand vision, purpose, values, goals, key Issues, strategies, and tactics. Real-life examples will give you a framework to use on your brand. You will learn to build execution plans including a brand communications plan, innovation plan, and in-store plan.
In our brand training session on how to write marketing plans, you will learn how to:
- Use five strategic questions as an outline for your entire plan
- Write an inspirational vision statement to frame your marketing plan
- Come up with a brand purpose and brand values
- Summarize your brand’s situation analysis
- Map out the key issues your brand faces
- Write smart brand strategy objective statements
- Focus tactics to ensure a high return on effort
- Write specific execution plans for marketing communications, innovation, and in-store
- Do up a profit statement, sales forecast, goals, and marketing budget for your plan
- Use our ideal one-page brand formats for the annual marketing plan and long-range strategic roadmap
4. How to inspire marketing execution
The best brand leaders need to inspire experts to produce smart and creative execution. I will provide tools and techniques for judging and making decisions on creative advertising from your agency.
For judging execution, I use the ABC’s tool, believing the best executions must drive Attention (A), Brand link (B), Communication (C) and Stickiness (S). I will provide a checklist for you to use when judging executions, then show you how to provide direction to your agency to inspire and challenge great execution.
In our session on how to lead the marketing execution, you will learn how to:
- Understand the crucial role of the brand leader in getting great creative execution
- Successfully manage the 10 stages of the advertising process
- Write a brand communications plan
- Turn the brand communications plan into a creative brief
- Use smart and bad examples of the creative brief
- Use the ABC’s (Attention, Brand Link, Communication, Stickiness) advertising decision-making tool
- Give inspiring feedback on advertising that pushes for great work
- Use our six questions to help frame your media planning
- Line up media choices to where consumers are most willing to engage with your brand
5. How to analyze your brand’s performance
The best brand leaders can tell strategic stories through analytics. I will show you how to create a deep-dive business review, looking at the marketplace, consumers, competitors, channels, and brand. From there, I will teach how to turn your analysis into a presentation for management, showing the ideal presentation slide format. And then, I will also provide a Finance 101 for Marketers, giving you every financial formula you need to run your brand.
In our session on how to analyze the brand’s performance, you will learn how to:
- Analyze the marketplace your brand plays in
- Assess your consumers
- Assess the retail channels you sell through
- Analyze the competitors
- Analyze the health of your brand
- Use 60 of the best analytical questions to ask
- Bring the analysis together into the drivers, inhibitors, threats, and opportunities
- Use financial formulas for compound CAGR, price increases, COGs. ROI
- Prepare a deep-dive business review presentation
To read more about our marketing courses2019 BBI Credentials Training
Our Marketing Manager Training menu:
- Why being a beloved brand matters
- How to think strategically
- Defining your brand positioning
- Aligning everything around your brand idea
- Building a Marketing plan everyone can follow
- How to write a smart creative brief
- How to run the advertising process
- Making creative advertising decisions
- How to make media decisions
- Deep-dive analysis of your brand
- Brand Finance
- Managing your brand career
Marketing Manager Training Boot Camps
We have combined marketing courses into various Boot Camp format, ideal for offsite meetings. You can run these for 3 straight days or stretch them out a month apart. Will come to your offices.
Our Marketing Manager training courses can be executed to meet your needs whether that’s in:
- Workshop format or small team training
- Coaching, either in a team setting or one-on-one
- Mentoring to high potential managers or executives.
- Skype video or webinar style for remote locations.
- Lunch-and-learn Style
With our marketing courses, you will learn everything you need to know so you can run your brand.
Teams that get so busy need a spark of inspiration of a hit of learning to find a 90-minute lunch and learn the ideal balance to get them going without the full day off. Furthermore, we can deliver that quick hit to inspire your team or we can customize quick learning so they can take away a key message about fundamentals. It will help your people understand the value of training.
Example of one of our marketing courses
One of the more popular marketing courses we run is our Brand Positioning statement workshop.
My book, Beloved Brands, has everything you need to be successful.
I wrote my book, Beloved Brands, as the playbook for how to build a brand your consumers will love.
Beloved Brands has everything you need to run your brand. You will learn how to think strategically, define your brand with a positioning statement and a brand idea, write a brand plan everyone can follow, inspire smart and creative marketing execution and analyze the performance of your brand through a deep-dive business review.
Available on Amazon, Apple Books or Kobo
We have the paperback and e-book version on Amazon. Click here to order: https://lnkd.in/eF-mYPe
We are also on Apple Books, which you can click here to order: https://lnkd.in/e6UFisF
If you use Kobo, you can find Beloved Brands in over 30 markets using this link: https://lnkd.in/g7SzEh4
To contact us, email us at email@example.com or call us at 416-885-3911. You can also find us on Twitter @belovedbrands.