As a brand consultant, we will challenge new thinking
- Create a winning brand positioning statement that motivates consumers to buy, and gives your brand an ownable competitive advantage.
- Build a brand plan that forces smart focused decisions to help organize, steer, and inspire your team towards higher growth
- Align your marketing execution behind a brand idea that tightens our bond with consumers and moves them through their buying journey
- Use a deep-dive 360-degree assessment of your brand’s performance to trigger richer thinking before you write your brand plan
We help create a winning brand positioning statement that motivates consumers to buy, and gives your brand an ownable competitive advantage.
- Define a focused consumer target profile with insights, enemies and buying patterns.
- Our Benefits Ladder will help you move from features to rational and emotional benefits.
- Use our cheat sheets to understand the Functional and Emotional benefits.
- Deploy our positioning Venn diagrams to determine your winning zone, where your brand is motivating to consumers and ownable.
- Summarize your winning positioning statement in a space that is unique, ownable motivating to consumers.
Build a strategic plan that forces smart focused decisions to help organize, steer, and inspire your team towards higher growth.
- Start with a deep-dive Business Review looks at every area of the brand.
- Marketplace, consumers, channels, competitors, and brand.
- Summarize the drivers and inhibitors currently facing brand. Map out the risks and opportunities for future.
- We use strategic questions to help you frame the Key Issues facing your brand.
- Use “where are we” questions to uncover answers that frame the overall Brand Plan.
- Lay out elements of the Brand Plan, on one page and in a formal presentation.
- Vision, purpose, values, goals, brand idea, key issues, strategies and tactics.
Align your marketing execution behind a brand idea that tightens your bond with consumers and moves them through their buying journey.
- Tighten our bond with consumers, using your Brand Idea to show up consistently at all 5 consumer touchpoints.
- Align execution to focus on moving consumers through stages of the buying journey.
- Use a Creative Brief to focus the creative & media decisions on your positioning and brand strategy.
- Influence purchase moment through retail channels, packaging, e-commerce, direct selling, customer service and merchandising.
- Deliver products through an innovation process that manages ideas, concepts, testing, launches through system.
Use a deep-dive 360-degree assessment of your brand’s performance to trigger richer thinking before you write your brand plan.
- Macro view of the market looking at major economic, consumer, technology, trends.
- Define consumer target, looking at needs, buying habits, growth trends and key insights.
- Look at channel performance, customer strategies, distribution gaps, merchandising performance.
- Dissect closest competitors by looking at performance, positioning, innovation, pricing, distribution and reputation.
- To understand brand performance, use brand funnel, tracking results, pricing analysis, distribution gaps and financial results.
- As a brand consultant, we will summarize the analysis into drivers and inhibitors currently facing brand as well as threats and opportunities for the future.
Our brand consulting credentials
We are guided by our core beliefs
The best answers are inside you already. As a brand consultant, we never give you the answer, just questions that challenge your answers to be better. Focus will make you bigger, not smaller. Focus on consumers who can love you, with one message, and few strategies. Investing in your people pays off. Having smarter people will produce exceptional work that will lead to higher brand growth. You should never settle. If you don’t love the work you do, how can you ever expect your consumer to love your brand? Your brand’s reputation is delivered by your people. Create a brand idea that can steer everyone who touches your brand.
Graham Robertson is the founder and CMO of Beloved Brands
Graham Robertson is one of the voices of today’s brand leaders. As the founder of Beloved Brands, he has been a brand consultant to the NFL Players Association, Shell, Reebok, Acura, Jack Links and Pfizer. He’s helped train some of the best marketing teams on strategy, brand positioning, brand plans and advertising. Graham’s purpose is to use his marketing experience and provocative style to get marketers to think differently about their brands, and to explore new ways to grow.
In his marketing career, Graham led some of the world’s most beloved brands at Johnson and Johnson, Coke, General Mills and Pfizer, rising up to VP Marketing. He has won numerous awards including Marketing Magazine’s “Marketer of the Year”, Businessweek’s best new product award and four Effie advertising awards.
As a keynote speaker, Graham shares his passion for brands to challenge and inspire marketing minds around the world, whether speaking at Advertising Week, or at the NBA Summer League, or to a room full of marketers in Bangkok Thailand or an agency in New York. He’s been a guest writer for Ad Age, and his weekly blog stories have reached millions of marketers, who are trying to improve their skills.
If you need our brand consulting help, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 416 885 3911.
You have my personal promise to help you solve your most difficult brand building challenges. As a brand consultant, I will provoke new thinking, so you can unlock future growth for your brand.