At Beloved Brands, we designed our brand training program to help you be stronger in strategic thinking, brand positioning, brand plans, marketing execution, and brand analytics. You will find our menu of potential courses, with full explanations below.
Learn how to think, define, plan, execute and analyze
- Learn the four strategic thinking methods, looking at core strength, competitive, consumer and situational strategies.
- Brand Positioning starts by building a consumer profile and using our consumer benefits ladder, with functional and emotional benefits. From there, we explore the step-by-step process to come up with your brand idea and bring it all together with a tool for writing the ideal brand concept.
- With Brand Plans, we go through each element needed for a long-range brand strategy roadmap and the annual brand plan.
- Learn how to build an execution plan that includes the creative brief, innovation process, and sales plan. I show how to make smart decisions on execution around creative advertising and media choices.
- With brand analytics, learn to write a deep-dive business review, looking at the marketplace, consumer, channels, competitors and the brand.
We believe the smarter your brand team, the better the work you will see and the stronger the business growth you will realize. The investment will definitely pay off with better brand results.
1. How to think strategically
Strategic thinking is an essential foundation, forcing marketers to ask big questions that challenge and focus brand decisions.
I will show you four ways to enhance your strategic thinking, using the brand’s core strength finder, consumer strategy, competitive strategy, and situational strategy. You will learn how to set a vision for your brand, focus your limited resources on breakthrough points, take advantage of opportunities you see in the market, find early wins to leverage to give your brand a positional power to drive growth and profits for your brand.
In our session on strategic thinking, you will learn:
- The five elements of smart strategic thinking
- Our 360-degree strategic thinking model using the brand’s core strength finder, consumer strategy, competitive strategy, and situational strategy.
- How to build everything around your brand’s core strength
- How to think strategically to tighten your brand’s bond with consumers
- How to think strategically to win the competitive battles you face
- How to think strategically, within the brand’s current situation
- How to write strategic objective statements for each of the four strategies
2. How to position your brand
The best brand leaders target a specific motivated consumer audience and then define their brand around a brand idea that is interesting, simple, unique, motivating and ownable.
I will show you how to write a winning brand positioning statement with four essential elements: target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTB). You will learn how to build a brand idea that leads every touchpoint of your brand, including the brand promise, brand story, innovation, purchase moment and experience. I will give you the tools for how to write a winning brand concept and brand story.
In our session on defining your brand, you will learn:
- How to write brand positioning statements
- How to define your target market, with insights, enemies, and need states
- How to define consumer benefits, both functional and emotional
- How to come up with brand support points and claims
- The relationship between brand soul, brand idea and brand reputation
- How to come up with your brand idea
- How to write brand concept statements
- How to turn your brand concept into a brand story
- How to use the brand positioning and brand idea to build a brand credo
3. How to write brand plans everyone can follow
The best brand leaders write brand plans everyone in the organization can follow with ease, including senior management, sales, R&D, agencies and operational teams.
I will teach you how to write each element of the brand plan, including the brand vision, purpose, values, goals, key Issues, strategies, and tactics. Real-life examples will give you a framework to use on your brand. You will learn to build execution plans including a brand communications plan, innovation plan, and in-store plan.
In our session on how to write brand plans, you will learn:
- How to use five strategic questions as an outline for your entire plan
- How to write an inspirational vision statement to frame your brand plan
- How to come up with a brand purpose and brand values
- How to summarize your brand’s situation analysis
- How to map out the key issues your brand faces
- How to write smart, brand strategy objective statements
- How to focus tactics to ensure a high return on effort
- How to write specific execution plans for brand communications, innovation, and in-store
- How to do a profit statement, sales forecast, goals, and marketing budget for your plan
- Ideal one-page brand formats for the annual brand plan and long-range strategic roadmap
4. How to inspire marketing execution
The best brand leaders need to inspire experts to produce smart and creative execution. I will provide tools and techniques for judging and making decisions on creative advertising from your agency.
For judging execution, I use the ABC’s tool, believing the best executions must drive Attention (A), Brand link (B), Communication (C) and Stickiness (S). I will provide a checklist for you to use when judging executions, then show you how to provide direction to your agency to inspire and challenge great execution.
In our session on how to lead the marketing execution, you will learn:
- The crucial role of the brand leader in getting great creative execution
- How brand leaders can successfully manage the 10 stages of the advertising process
- How to write a brand communications plan
- How to turn the brand communications plan into a creative brief
- The smart and bad examples of the creative brief
- Learn how to use the ABC’s advertising decision-making tool
- How to give inspiring feedback on advertising that pushes for great work
- Six questions to help frame your media planning
- How to line up media choices to where consumers are most willing to engage with your brand
5. How to analyze your brand’s performance
The best brand leaders can tell strategic stories through analytics. I will show you how to create a deep-dive business review, looking at the marketplace, consumers, competitors, channels, and brand.
I will teach how to turn your analysis into a presentation for management, showing the ideal presentation slide format. I will also provide a Finance 101 for Marketers, giving you every financial formula you need to run your brand.
In our session on how to analyze the brand’s performance, you will learn:
- How to analyze the marketplace your brand plays in
- How to assess your consumers
- How to assess the retail channels you sell through
- How to analyze the competitors
- How to analyze the health of your brand
- 60 of the best analytical questions to ask
- How to bring the analysis together into the drivers, inhibitors, threats, and opportunities
- Financial formulas for compound CAGR, price increases, COGs. ROI
- How to prepare a deep-dive business review presentation
Our brand training menu:
- Why being a beloved brand matters
- How to think strategically
- Defining your brand positioning
- Aligning everything around your brand idea
- Building a brand plan everyone can follow
- How to write a smart creative brief
- How to run the advertising process
- How to make creative advertising decisions
- How to make media decisions
- Deep-dive analysis of your brand
- Brand Finance
- Managing your brand career
Brand Management Boot Camp
We have combined workshops into a Boot Camp format, ideal for offsite meetings. You can run these for 3 straight days or stretch them out a month apart.
Our training courses can be executed to meet your needs whether that’s in:
- Workshop format or small team training
- Coaching, either in a team setting or one-on-one
- Mentoring to high potential managers or executives.
- Skype video or webinar style for remote locations.
- Lunch-and-learn Style
With our brand management training program, you will learn everything you need to know so you can run your brand.
Teams that get so busy need a spark of inspiration of a hit of learning to find a 90-minute lunch and learn the ideal balance to get them going without the full day off. Furthermore, we can deliver that quick hit to inspire your team or we can customize quick learning so they can take away a key message about fundamentals. It will help your people understand the value of training.
Example of the workshops
One of the more popular workshops we run is our Brand Positioning workshop.
“Graham has an infectious passion for the consumer and for developing others. That combined with his ability to push his team members to excel, makes him a true leader of leaders”
“Graham’s boot camp style of instruction is perfect for the development of brand managers. He challenges you to be better, makes you question your decisions with rigor and provides the right level of coaching to bring you to the next level. He makes Brand Managers”
“Graham provided expert advice and reliable suggestions during coaching sessions to build brand performance with my team. And, his knowledgeable experience was extremely valuable. I would recommend leveraging his expertise in brand coaching, teaching and brand planning.”
“Graham is an incredible instructor who brings bold ideas and passion. His teaching style continuously challenged our ability to think creatively, practically and strategically. His teachings have set me up for success towards a career in marketing”.
To contact us, email us at email@example.com or call us at 416-885-3911. You can also find us on Twitter @belovedbrands.