LA 2028 has released their logo and launch video, giving us a first glimpse of how their idea that they’ll “show the world the real LA.”
First, there is always a keen debate over the Olympic logo. Uniquely, the LA 2028 Olympics committee will use multiple logos that will reflect the diversity of LA. You can see the “A” changes to represent various Los Angeles-based athletes and creators’ personalities and styles. Over the next eight years, we might see many different logos.
It seems to be a new trend to play with logos. Watch the past year of Apple ads and you might see ten different treatments.
Fittingly LA, the launch taps into a list of stars that includes singer Billie Eilish, gymnast Gabby Douglas, movie star Reese Witherspoon, graffiti artist Chaz Bojórquez, YouTube star Lilly Singh, and a team of hopeful Olympic athletes.
Considering how many version of LA we might have in our heads, whether it is the Dodgers, Rams, Lakers or Kings, they have found a distinct look and feel. I like the variety as well.
LA 2028 launch video
Moreover, they have launched a video that speaks to their brand idea of “showing the real LA to the world.”
The video feels a bit too safe, which takes away from the promise of showing the real LA. The visuals start OK, but then it shifts into a generic Nike ad. First, I would prefer it if they used an edgier voice-over. Second, they should use an engaging music track that could deliver the REAL LA.
I believe the brand idea of “show the real LA to the world” is an amazing opportunity that should open up creative teams to deliver even better creativity than this opening video.
Logo: 9.0 / 10
Video: 7.0 / 10
My bias is #WeTheNorth
Nothing beats the Toronto Raptors video that showcases the real Toronto to the world. The tone is defiantly edgy, competitively challenging, and continues to represent the fans of the Toronto Raptors. We have eight more years. Maybe LA 2028 can do something this good. This video is a 10 out of 10!!!
Beloved Brands is the playbook to keep at your fingertips
Our readers tell us they reach for Beloved Brands a few times each week as a reference toolkit to help them with the day-to-day management of their brand.
- To start, we will challenge you with questions that get you to think differently about your brand strategy.
- Then, we take you through our process for defining your brand positioning. We will open your mind to new possibilities for how you see you can differentiate your brand. And, we use examples of brand positioning statements to bring the learning to life.
- Next, we will show you how to write a brand plan that everyone can follow. Make sure all stakeholders know precisely how they can contribute to your brand’s success.
- Moreover, we will show you how to run the creative execution process, show you how to write an inspiring brief, and make decisions to find both smart and breakthrough work.
- Finally, you will learn new methods to analyze the performance of your brand with a deep-dive business review.
Above all, over 90% of our Amazon reviews receive five-star ratings, and Beloved Brands has spent numerous weeks as a #1 bestseller in brand management.