As we crave big, bold, beautiful work, Nike’s You can’t stop us campaign continues to inspire consumers, and hopefully, other advertisers.
The ad includes the richness in storytelling. First, the emotion of reaching beyond what we ever thought possible. Next, the editing is perfect. Finally, the recognition of our favorite athletes mixed in with real-world people accomplishing their greatness.
While everyone else is letting AI hound and annoy consumers into buying their products, Nike and Apple are shining the brightest with videos that give us chills and goosebumps. We need more great advertising work.
Nike's You can't stop us
I love the split-screen technique with 36 different pairings. With you can’t stop us, Nike researched over 4,000 different video options to narrow it down to the perfect fittings. Above all, the ad delivers on Nike’s stated purpose is to unite the world through sport to create a healthy planet, active communities, and an equal playing field for all. Nike doesn’t want to let closed gyms or empty stadiums hold us back, and is showcasing the many ways that athletes continue to push forward.
Similarly, the Nike’s You can’t stop us campaign builds on Nike’s comeback story ad from a few months ago. That ad linked famous comebacks in sports to what we are going through with the Coronavirus.
What can you learn from the best Nike ads
Build your marketing skills with our post on how to define your Brand Positioning
One of the most important skills marketers need to know is the fundamentals of creating a brand positioning that will set up your brand to win in the marketplace. Read our step-by-step process to learn how to define your brand with a balance of functional benefits and emotional benefits. The ideal brand positioning matches what consumers want with what your brand does best.
Beloved Brands is the playbook to keep at your fingertips
Our readers tell us they reach for Beloved Brands a few times each week as a reference toolkit to help them with the day-to-day management of their brand.
- To start, we will challenge you with questions that get you to think differently about your brand strategy.
- Then, we take you through our process for defining your brand positioning. We will open your mind to new possibilities for how you see you can differentiate your brand. And, we use examples of brand positioning statements to bring the learning to life.
- Next, we will show you how to write a brand plan that everyone can follow. Make sure all stakeholders know precisely how they can contribute to your brand’s success.
- Moreover, we will show you how to run the creative execution process, show you how to write an inspiring brief, and make decisions to find both smart and breakthrough work.
- Finally, you will learn new methods to analyze the performance of your brand with a deep-dive business review.
Above all, over 90% of our Amazon reviews receive five-star ratings, and Beloved Brands has spent numerous weeks as a #1 bestseller in brand management.