The first time I saw this Google ad from India, even though I could not understand the language. And, I realized the great storytelling was obvious enough to follow. What a great example of emotional and creative advertising.
Years ago, there was this old P&G advertising guy who always said: “you know you have a good TV ad if you can turn the sound off and still understand your ad.” Try that rule and see if it works on this Google ad.
Google "reunion" from India
Here is a new Google ad where there is no English at all and yet the story is easy to follow. I watched it without understanding one word and was able to follow along. And I cried.
Beautifully shot, 3 1/2 minutes, this Google ad feels more like a mini-movie than a TV ad. It stays authentic to the culture, with great visuals, music, and language. A story is simple–about two friends who have not seen other since their childhoods.
With Google, it shows how much we look up, find, track, or just check any little thing that makes our lives just a little bit easier. The Google ad captures our attention, getting millions of likes already as it’s being passed around social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. It involves the brand without too much branding. The tears generated at the end makes you want to pass it on, so they can experience what you just did. Well done.
Another Google ad uses nothing but words, typed into the search bar, yet, Google is able to tell a romantic story.
Beloved Brands is the playbook to keep at your fingertips
Our readers tell us they reach for Beloved Brands a few times each week as a reference toolkit to help them with the day-to-day management of their brand.
- We will challenge you with questions that get you to think differently about your brand strategy.
- Our process for defining your brand positioning will open your mind to new possibilities for how you see your brand.
- We will show you how to write a brand plan that everyone can follow. Make sure all stakeholders know precisely how they can contribute to your brand’s success.
- We will show you how to run the creative execution process, show you how to write an inspiring brief, and make decisions to find both smart and breakthrough work.
- You will learn new methods to analyze the performance of your brand with a deep-dive business review.
Over 90% of our Amazon reviews receive five-star ratings, and Beloved Brands has spent numerous weeks as a #1 bestseller in brand management.