We will make your team of brand leaders smarter
While you might think that having a great product, the right strategy and a winning TV ad will drive your brand, the long-term success of your brand is dependent is how good your people are. If you have great Brand Leaders, they will be on top of your business, make the necessary strategic course corrections, create better executions that connect with consumers and drive profitable growth for your brand.
One of the best ways to drive long-term business results from your brands is to ensure you have a strong marketing team in place. At Beloved Brands, we can develop a tailored program that will work to make your team better. Regardless of industry, the fundamentals of Brand Leadership matter. In terms of connecting with your people, Training is one of the greatest motivators for teams and individuals. Not only do people enjoy the sessions, they see the investment you’re making as one more reason to want to stay. They are focused on their careers and want to get better. If you can be part of that, you’ll retain your best people.
The Brand Management courses we offer:
At Beloved Brands, our training center offers 10 selected courses to get you ready to succeed in Brand Management.
The Training Program can executed to meet your needs whether that’s in:
- Classroom format or small team training
- Coaching, either in team setting or one-on-one
- Mentoring to high potential managers or executives.
- Skype video or webinar style for remote locations.
- Lunch and Learn Style
Workshop 1: How to think strategically
Turning focus into bigger gains for your business
Strategic Thinking is an essential foundation for Brand Leaders, so they ask big questions that challenge and focus their decisions.
- We teach Brand Leaders how to think strategically, to ask the right questions before reaching for solutions, mapping out a range of decision trees that intersect and connect by imagining how events will play out.
- We take Brand Leaders through the 8 elements of good strategy: vision, opportunity, focus, speed, early win, leverage and gateway. We introduce a forced choice to help Marketers make focused decisions.
- We teach the value of asking good questions, using five interruptive questions to help frame your brand’s strategy. This helps to look at the brand’s core strength, consumer involvement, competitive position, the brand’s connectivity with the consumers and the internal situation the brand faces.
- We show how to build strategic statements to set up a smart strategic brand plan.
Workshop 2: Brand Positioning Statements
The promise the brand makes to the consumer
A winning brand positioning statement sets up the brand’s external communication and internally with employees who deliver that promise.
- We show how to write a classic Brand Positioning statement with four key elements: target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTBs).
- We introduce the Consumer Benefit ladder, that starts with the consumer target, with insights and enemies. We layer in the brand features. Then, get in the consumers shoes and ask “what do i get” to find the functional benefits and ask “how does this make me feel” to find the emotional benefits.
- We introduce a unique tool that provide the top 50 potential functional and top 40 emotional benefits to help Marketers stretch their minds yet narrow in on those that are most motivating and own-able for the brand.
- We then show how to build an Organizing Big Idea that leads every aspect of your brand, including promise, story, innovation, purchase moment and experience.
Workshop 3: How to write a brand plan
Creating a brand plan that everyone can follow
A good Brand Plan helps make decisions to deploy the resources and provides a road map for everyone who works on the brand
- We demonstrate how to write each component of the Brand Plan, looking at brand vision, purpose, values, goals, key Issues, strategies and tactics.
- We provide definitions and examples to inspire Marketers on how to write each component. We provide a full mock brand plan, with a framework for you to use on your own brand.
- We offer a workshop that allows Marketers to try out the concept on their own brand with hands on coaching with feedback to challenge them. At each step, we provide the ideal format presentation to management. We offer unique formats for a Plan on a Page and long-range Strategic Road Maps.
- We show how to build Marketing Execution plans as part of the overall brand plan, looking at a Brand Communications Plan, Innovation Plan, In-store plan and Experiential plan. This gives the strategic direction to everyone in the organization.
Workshop 4: How to write Creative Briefs
Translating the strategy for agencies
The Creative Brief frames the strategy and positioning so your Agency can creatively express the brand promise through communication.
- Marketing Execution must impact the brand’s consumers in a way that puts your brand in a stronger business position. The Creative Brief is the bridge between the brand strategy and the execution.
- Through our Brand Positioning workshop, you will have all the homework on the brand needed to set up the transformation into a succinct 1-page Creative Brief that will focus, inspire and challenge a creative team to make great work.
- The hands-on Creative Brief workshop explores best in class methods for writing the brief’s objective, target market, consumer insights, main message stimulus and the desired consumer response.
- Brand Leaders walk away from the session with a ready-to-execute Creative Brief.
Workshop 5: How to do brand analytics
Turning data into analytical story telling
We show how to build a deep-dive business review on the brand, looking at the category, consumers, competitors, channels and brand.
- We start with the smart analytical principles that will challenge your thinking and help you gain more support by telling analytical stories through data.
- We teach you the steps to complete a deep-dive Business Review that will help assess the health and wealth of the brand, looking at the category, consumer, competitors, channels and brand. We show key formulas you need to know for financial analysis.
- We teach how to turn your analysis into a presentation for management, showing the ideal presentation slide format. We provide a full mock business review, with a framework and examples of every type of analysis, for you to use on your own brand.
- We show you how to turn your analytical thinking into making projections by extrapolating data into the future.
Workshop 6: Get better Marketing Execution
Judging, deciding and giving direction to agencies
We show Brand Leaders how to judge and decide on execution options that break through to consumers and motivates them to take action.
- We provide Brand Leaders with tools and techniques for judging communication concepts from your agencies, as well as processes for making decisions and providing effective feedback. We talk about the crucial role of the brand leader in getting amazing marketing execution for your brand.
- We teach how to make marketing decisions with the ABC’S, so you can choose great ads and reject bad ads looking at tools such as Attention (A), Branding (B), Communication (C) and Stickiness (S)
- We teach how to provide copy direction that inspires and challenges the agency to deliver great execution. We also talk about how to be a better client so you can motivate and inspire your agency.
Brand Boot Camp
We have combined some of the workshops into a Boot Camp format, ideal for offsite meetings–either for 3 straight days or you can stretch them out a month apart.
Managing your career
Brand Leaders are ambitious, wanting to contribute and get ahead. By tapping into their career development, you’ll drive a much higher retention and a much deeper commitment into performance. Managing your career goes through the 4 key stages of Brand Leader, from Associate Brand Manager, Brand Manager, Director and VP/CMO. At each stage there are 5 key areas for focus and we’d encourage Brand Leaders to identify where they may have gaps.
Lunch and Learn Series
Teams that get so busy need a spark of inspiration of a hit of learning find a 90 minute lunch and learn the ideal balance to get them going without the full day off. At Beloved Brands, we can deliver that quick hit to inspire your team or we can customize a quick learning so they can take away a key message about fundamentals.
Example of the workshops
One of the more popular workshops we run is our Brand Positioning workshop.
- “Graham has an infectious passion for the consumer and for developing others. That combined with his ability to push his team members to excel, makes him a true leader of leaders”
- “Graham’s boot camp style of instruction is perfect for the development of brand managers. He challenges you to be better, makes you question your decisions with rigour and provides the right level of coaching to bring you to the next level. He makes Brand Managers”
- “Graham provided expert advice and reliable suggestions during coaching sessions to build brand performance with my team. His knowledgeable experience was extremely valuable. I would recommend leveraging his expertise for brand coaching, teaching and brand planning.”
- “Graham is an incredible instructor who brings bold ideas and passion. His teaching style continuously challenged our ability to think creatively, practically and strategically. His teachings has set me up for success towards a career in marketing”.
To contact us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416-885-3911. You can also find us on Twitter @belovedbrands.