We have designed our Brand Training courses to make brand leaders smarter. While you might think that having a great product, the right strategy and a winning TV ad will drive your brand, the long-term success of your brand is dependent is how good your people are. And, if you have great Marketers, they will be on top of your business, make the necessary strategic course corrections, create better executions that connect with consumers and drive profitable growth for your business.
We can develop a tailored program that will work to make your team better. Training is one of the greatest motivators for teams and individuals. Not only do people enjoy the sessions, they see the investment you are making as one more reason to want to stay.
The Brand Management program:
Our training center offers 9 selected courses:
- Strategic Thinking
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Plans
- Creative Briefs
- Marketing Execution
- Analytics and the Business Review
- Creating a Beloved Brand
- Consumer Centricity
- Managing your Marketing Career
Our training courses can be executed to meet your needs whether that’s in:
- Workshop format or small team training
- Coaching, either in a team setting or one-on-one
- Mentoring to high potential managers or executives.
- Skype video or webinar style for remote locations.
- Lunch and Learn Style
Workshop 1: How to think strategically
Turning focus into bigger gains for your business
Strategic Thinking is an essential foundation for Marketers, to inspire them to ask big questions that challenge and focus their decisions.
- You will learn how to think strategically, by asking the right questions before reaching for solutions, mapping out a range of decision trees that intersect and connect by imagining how events will play out.
- To start, we take you through the 8 elements of good strategy: vision, opportunity, focus, speed, early win, leverage, and gateway. We introduce a forced choice to help Marketers make focused decisions.
- We emphasize the value of asking good questions, using five interruptive questions to help frame your brand’s strategy. This helps to look at the brand’s core strength, consumer involvement, competitive position, the brand’s connectivity with the consumers and the internal situation the brand faces.
- As a result, you will learn how to build strategic statements to set up a smart strategic brand plan.
Workshop 2: Brand Positioning Statements
How to define your brand to the consumer
A winning brand positioning statement sets up the brand’s external communication and internally with employees who deliver that promise.
- Our program shows how to write a classic Brand Positioning statement with four key elements: target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTBs).
- We introduce our Consumer Benefit ladder tool, that starts with the consumer target, with insights and enemies. We layer in the brand features. Then, get in the consumer’s shoes and ask “what do I get” to find the functional benefits and ask “how does this make me feel” to find the emotional benefits.
- You will have access to the unique tool that provides the top 50 potential functional and top 40 emotional benefits. This help Marketers stretch their minds yet narrow in on those that are most motivating and own-able for the brand.
- Then, we show how to build an Organizing Big Idea that leads every aspect of your brand, including promise, story, innovation, purchase moment and experience.
Workshop 3: How to write a Brand Plan
Create a Brand Plan that everyone can follow
A good Brand Plan helps make decisions to deploy the resources and provides a roadmap for everyone who works on the brand
- We demonstrate how to write each component of the Brand Plan, looking at vision, purpose, values, goals, key Issues, strategies and tactics. And, we provide definitions and examples to inspire Marketers on how to write each component.
- You will have a full example of a Brand Plan, with a framework to use. Marketers can try out the concepts on their own brand with hands-on coaching and feedback to challenge them.
- We show how to build Marketing Execution plans as part of the overall brand plan, looking at a Brand Communications Plan, Innovation Plan, In-store plan and Experiential plan. This gives the strategic direction to everyone in the organization.
- We also offer unique 1-page formats for an Annual Plan and Long-Range Strategic RoadMap.
Workshop 4: How to write Creative Briefs
Translating the strategy for agencies
The Creative Brief frames the strategy and positioning so your Agency can creatively express the brand promise through communication.
- Marketing Execution must impact the brand’s consumers in a way that puts your brand in a stronger business position. The Creative Brief is the bridge between the strategy and the execution.
- Through our Brand Positioning workshop, you will have all the homework on the brand needed to set up the transformation into a succinct 1-page Creative Brief that will focus, inspire and challenge a creative team to make great work.
- The hands-on Creative Brief workshop explores best in class methods for writing the brief’s objective, target market, consumer insights, main message stimulus and the desired consumer response.
- You walk away from the session with a ready-to-execute Creative Brief.
Workshop 5: Get better Marketing Execution
Judging, deciding and giving direction to agencies
You will learn how to judge and decide on execution options that break through to consumers and motivates them to take action.
- We provide Marketers with tools and techniques for judging communication concepts from your agencies, as well as processes for making decisions and providing effective feedback. We talk about the crucial role of the brand leader in getting amazing marketing execution for your brand.
- To start, we teach how to make marketing decisions with the ABC’S, so you can choose great ads and reject bad ads looking at tools such as Attention (A), Branding (B), Communication (C) and Stickiness (S)
- You learn how to provide advertising direction that inspires and challenges the agency to deliver great execution. You will learn about how to be a better client so you can motivate and inspire your agency.
Workshop 6: Analytics
Turning data into analytical storytelling
You will learn how to build a deep-dive business review on the brand, looking at the market, consumers, competitors, channels, and brand.
- To start, you will learn the smart analytical principles that will challenge your thinking and help you gain more support by telling analytical stories through data.
- We teach you the steps to complete a deep-dive Business Review that will help assess the health and wealth of the business, looking at the category, consumer, competitors, channels, and brand. We show key formulas you need to know for financial analysis.
- Marketers will learn how to turn your analysis into a presentation for management, showing the ideal presentation slide format. We provide a full example of a business review, with a framework for every type of analysis, to use on your own brand.
- You will learn how to turn your analytical thinking into making projections by extrapolating data into the future.
Brand Boot Camp
We have combined workshops into a Boot Camp format, ideal for offsite meetings. You can run these for 3 straight days or stretch them out a month apart.
Strategy Boot Camp
- Training sessions include strategic thinking, brand analytics,
writing brand plans and brand positioning statements
Execution Boot Camp
- Training sessions include brand positioning & concepts, writing
creative briefs, judging marketing execution and media planning
Have a look at what potential schedules could look like:
Managing your career
Marketers are ambitious, who want to contribute and get ahead. By tapping into their career development, you will drive a higher retention and a deeper commitment to performance. We look at Marketing careers through the 4 key stages, from Associate Brand Manager, Brand Manager, Director and VP/CMO. At each stage, we provide 5 key areas for focus and we encourage you to identify where they may have gaps.
Lunch and Learn Series
Teams that get so busy need a spark of inspiration of a hit of learning find a 90-minute lunch and learn the ideal balance to get them going without the full day off. Furthermore, we can deliver that quick hit to inspire your team or we can customize a quick learning so they can take away a key message about fundamentals. It will help your people understand the value of training.
Example of the workshops
One of the more popular workshops we run is our Brand Positioning workshop.
“Graham has an infectious passion for the consumer and for developing others. That combined with his ability to push his team members to excel, makes him a true leader of leaders”
“Graham’s boot camp style of instruction is perfect for the development of brand managers. He challenges you to be better, makes you question your decisions with rigor and provides the right level of coaching to bring you to the next level. He makes Brand Managers”
“Graham provided expert advice and reliable suggestions during coaching sessions to build brand performance with my team. And, his knowledgeable experience was extremely valuable. I would recommend leveraging his expertise in brand coaching, teaching and brand planning.”
“Graham is an incredible instructor who brings bold ideas and passion. His teaching style continuously challenged our ability to think creatively, practically and strategically. His teachings have set me up for success towards a career in marketing”.
To contact us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416-885-3911. You can also find us on Twitter @belovedbrands.