We make Brand Leaders smarter.
At Beloved Brands, we have created two 3-day boot camps specific for Brand Leaders, to help them reach their full potential. The Brand Plan Boot Camp starts with strategic thinking and analytics followed by a workshop on how to create a brand plan. The second is on Advertising, looking at Brand Positioning and Creative Briefs and then how to make Advertising and Media decisions.
Option A: Strategy Boot Camp
- Strategic Thinking: Everyone in marketing thinks they are strategic. But what is it that makes someone strategic and how can you use that thinking in the role of a Brand Leader. With our Strategic Thinking program, Brand Leaders will learn how the elements of strategic thinking–focus, early win, leverage and gateway. They’ll look at this from a consumer/customer view, competitive strategy as well as visionary strategy. Through workshop breakouts, we’ll be able to try it out on their own business with hands-on coaching to help them improve their own strategies.
- Brand Analytics: Brand Leaders learn how to do a deep dive on their Brand. We teach how to find data breaks and turn them into analytic stories. We look at Brand Funnels, SWOT analysis, Wealth and Health of the brand. We demonstrate the value of a best-in-class monthly Brand report.
- Brand Plans: One of the most important elements for a Brand Leader is the development of the Brand Plan, whether that’s a long-range or one year brand plan. This lesson helps them with key areas such as Brand Vision, Key Issues, Strategies, Tactics as well as tips on how to write the plan. The key take away is a very tight one page Brand Plan that can be a summary document for all to follow.
- Brand Positioning: Brand Leaders can learn the classic way to write a Brand Positioning Statement that helps them with their Creative Briefs, Brand Plans and even establishing the Brand Big Idea or Brand Essence that frames every part of how the Brand is run. A good positioning statement includes the target market, benefits, reason to believe (RTBs) in a tightly worded statement.
Option B: Marketing Execution Boot Camp
- Brand Positioning: Brand Leaders can learn the classic way to write a Brand Positioning Statement that helps them with their Creative Briefs, Brand Plans and even establishing the Brand Big Idea or Brand Essence that frames every part of how the Brand is run. A good positioning statement includes the target market, benefits, reason to believe (RTBs) in a tightly worded statement. We will show how to write brand concept statements.
- Creative Briefs: Brand Leaders will help take the elements of Strategy (from the Brand Plan) and the Positioning (from the Brand Positioning Statement) and distill those down into a very succinct 1 page Creative Brief.
- Advertising Decisions: Brand Leaders rely on many types of agencies to take their strategy and create work that expresses that strategy. Telling the story is crucial to connecting with consumers. I have a simple technique for judging the work–the ABC’S: how well does it drive Attention, Branding, Communication and Stickiness. I’ll also teach a few tips for giving feedback and role playing is a crucial part to giving direction to the agency.
What does this mean for your team?
The ideal way for you to be thinking is where are the gaps on your team and what specific areas would make sense for your team. The other specific learning sessions can be found on-line at: Beloved Brands Learning Sessions
Classroom Training can be set up with a combination of learning against immediate application of the learning with case studies or using their own brands. The coaching sessions can be in team setting to help specific teams improve or one-on-one coaching programs with high potential managers and executives.
To see more on the Boot Camp for Brand Leaders, follow this presentation.
- “Graham has an infectious passion for the consumer and for developing others. That combined with his ability to push his team members to excel, makes him a true leader of leaders”
- “Graham’s boot camp style of instruction is perfect for the development of brand managers. He challenges you to be better, makes you question your decisions with rigour and provides the right level of coaching to bring you to the next level. He makes Brand Managers”
- “Graham provided expert advice and reliable suggestions during coaching sessions to build brand performance with my team. His knowledgeable experience was extremely valuable. I would recommend leveraging his expertise for brand coaching, teaching and brand planning.”
- “Graham is an incredible instructor who brings bold ideas and passion. His teaching style continuously challenged our ability to think creatively, practically and strategically. His teachings set me up for success towards a career in marketing”.
Contact us at Graham@beloved-brands.com to help design a Brand Leader training program for your team