At Beloved Brands, we have designed two 3-day boot camps with specific marketing training course for Brand Leaders. The Strategy Boot Camp starts with strategic thinking and analytics followed by a workshop on how to create a brand plan. The Execution Boot Camp starts with brand positioning and creative briefs. Then, we how to make creative advertising and media decisions.
Our Strategy Boot Camp
- Brand Leaders will learn how to think strategically, by asking the right questions before reaching for solutions, mapping out a range of decision trees that intersect and connect by imagining how events will play out. To start, we take Brand Leaders through the 8 elements of good strategy: vision, opportunity, focus, speed, early win, leverage and gateway. We introduce a forced choice to help Marketers make focused decisions.
We emphasize the value of asking good questions, using five interruptive questions to help frame your brand’s strategy. This helps to look at the brand’s core strength, consumer involvement, competitive position, the brand’s connectivity with the consumers and the internal situation the brand faces.You will learn how to build strategic statements to set up a smart strategic brand plan.
- To start, Brand Leaders will learn the smart analytical principles that will challenge your thinking and help you gain more support by telling analytical stories through data. We teach you the steps to complete a deep-dive Business Review that will help assess the health and wealth of the brand, looking at the category, consumer, competitors, channels and brand. We show key formulas you need to know for financial analysis. Brand Leaders will learn how to turn your analysis into a presentation for management, showing the ideal presentation slide format. We provide a full example of a business review, with a framework for every type of analysis, to use on your own brand.You will learn how to turn your analytical thinking into making projections by extrapolating data into the future.
- We demonstrate how to write each component of the Brand Plan, looking at vision, purpose, values, goals, key Issues, strategies and tactics. And, we provide definitions and examples to inspire Marketers on how to write each component. You will have a full example of a Brand Plan, with a framework to use. Marketers can try out the concepts on their own brand with hands on coaching and feedback to challenge them. We show how to build Marketing Execution plans as part of the overall brand plan, looking at a Brand Communications Plan, Innovation Plan, In-store plan and Experiential plan. This gives the strategic direction to everyone in the organization. We also offer unique 1-page formats for an Annual Plan and Long-Range Strategic RoadMap.
- Brand Leaders can learn the classic way to write a Brand Positioning Statement that helps them with their Creative Briefs, Brand Plans and even establishing the Brand Big Idea or Brand Essence that frames every part of how the Brand is run. A good positioning statement includes the target market, benefits, reason to believe (RTBs) in a tightly worded statement.
Our Marketing Execution Boot Camp
- Our program shows how to write a classic Brand Positioning statement. We look at four key elements: target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTBs). And, we then introduce our Consumer Benefit ladder tool, that starts with the consumer target, with insights and enemies. Then, we layer in the brand features. Then, get in the consumers shoes and ask “what do I get” to find the functional benefits and ask “how does this make me feel” to find the emotional benefits. Brand Managers will have access to unique tool that provide the top 50 potential functional and top 40 emotional benefits. This help Marketers stretch their minds yet narrow in on those that are most motivating and own-able for the brand. Then, we show how to build an Organizing Big Idea that leads every aspect of your brand, including promise, story, innovation, purchase moment and experience.
- Marketing Execution must impact the brand’s consumers in a way that puts your brand in a stronger business position. The Creative Brief is the bridge between the brand strategy and the execution.Through our Brand Positioning workshop, you will have all the homework on the brand needed to set up the transformation into a succinct 1-page Creative Brief that will focus, inspire and challenge a creative team to make great work. The hands-on Creative Brief workshop explores best in class methods for writing the brief’s objective, target market, consumer insights, main message stimulus and the desired consumer response. Brand Leaders walk away from the session with a ready-to-execute Creative Brief.
- We provide Brand Leaders with tools and techniques for judging communication concepts from your agencies, as well as processes for making decisions and providing effective feedback. We talk about the crucial role of the brand leader in getting amazing marketing execution for your brand.To start, we teach how to make marketing decisions with the ABC’S, so you can choose great ads and reject bad ads looking at tools such as Attention (A), Branding (B), Communication (C) and Stickiness (S) Brand Leaders learn how to provide advertising direction that inspires and challenges the agency to deliver great execution. You will learn about how to be a better client so you can motivate and inspire your agency.
Potential schedules for the Boot Camps
What does this mean for your team?
Start by identifying the gaps on your team and where marketing training can help. We start with Classroom Training with a combination of skills learning and through case studies or using your own brands. We use coaching sessions to set up to help specific teams improve. And we use one-on-one coaching programs with high potential managers and executives. To see more on the Brand Training Programs, follow this presentation.
- “Graham has an infectious passion for the consumer and for developing others. That combined with his ability to push his team members to excel, makes him a true leader of leaders”
- “Graham’s boot camp style of instruction is perfect for the development of brand managers. He challenges you to be better, makes you question your decisions with rigor. He provides the right level of coaching to bring you to the next level. Graham makes Brand Managers”
- “Graham provided expert advice and reliable suggestions during coaching sessions to build brand performance with my team. His knowledgeable experience was extremely valuable. I would recommend leveraging his expertise for brand coaching, teaching and brand planning.”
- “Graham is an incredible instructor who brings bold ideas and passion. His teaching style continuously challenged our ability to think creatively, practically and strategically. His teachings set me up for success towards a career in marketing”.